Last week in Quiltie-land…

I made the excuse that I was busy and so hadn’t managed to finish my butterfly in time… What was I doing last week? Well…

My dad flew home at nine on Saturday evening. By four on Sunday afternoon Steve was headed south to Florida and I was on a plane bound for Minneapolis and the Women of the West Quilters Guild in Plymouth.

I was picked up from my hotel room just after eight on Monday morning ready for class to start bright and early. We made clamshell pillows, or at least we started them! I usually describe the class as being suitable for stitchers who have some English Paper Piecing experience, but we had quite a few ladies who’d never even stitched a hexagon…

Some students brought their works in progress to the evening meeting. You can see how far we got in today’s featured image at the top of this post. I hope I’ll get some photographs of the finished pillows at some point?

There was a good turnout in the evening. I took a few pictures before I started the lecture.

Looking left ,

and to the right.They were still smiling at the end of our Trip Around the World!

Time for some show and tell.

One quilter had several flamingo themed projects.a collage,and a bag!A baby quilt,a small top stitched with reproduction fabrics,an Underground Railroad quilt,and a lovely bright and cheerful Bonnie Hunter On Ringo Lake bed sized quiltIt was almost ten o’clock by the time I got back to my hotel room after a good but long day…

Plymouth is a lot closer to Chippewa Falls than Naperville so I had arranged to meet up with Sarah and Christopher before I flew home on Tuesday evening. I really didn’t think about how far that meant Sarah had to drive but she did it and we spent a fun few hours at Mall of America.

Just one picture of our youngest grandson for the records!

I always expect to be delayed by weather in the winter but I’m realizing that there are actually more problems in the summer months in the Midwest. Thunderstorms kept us waiting for our plane for an hour or so but we managed to land at Midway between storms and my drive home was mostly dry.

Steve was still in Florida when I left the house on Wednesday to go back to the airport to collect my friend Jenny, ready for my next adventure.

Here’s a hint. I had my nails painted BERNINA red and anniversary gold…

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply