This and that…

We are in to September already… and what am I doing with my time? It’s still a struggle to get downstairs to sew so I have been working on a bit of this and a bit of that…

I came back from California with a couple of sashiko projects in hand. Here are some multi-colored dragonflies completed while watching a horror movie with Jonathan on Sunday afternoon.

The pattern was a pre-printed panel which I layered with Thermore batting and a nice beige oriental print. I used a variegated sashiko thread for the grid and then a couple of colors of #8 perle cotton for the dragonflies. I think I will just bind the piece and leave it at that.

Then I remembered the purchases I made from Artgirlz. I made a purse from the pocketbook kit… different on both sides…


 

and an “odd ball pin cushion”…

 

Both fun projects to make while watching more recorded TV programs… and now I can go back to the Artgirlz stand the next time I see them at a show!! 

Julia and Matt were here again at the weekend. Now they are buying their own home I really ought to get their “wedding quilt” finished…  I completed the top before the big day but it has been sitting… and sitting. But no longer, I got it out again on Monday afternoon…It is now pinned and ready to  quilt. 

It was inspired by the “Wild Zebra” quilt designed by Wendi Gratz in Simple Contemporary Quilts (published by Lark Books). Her quilt was just black and white but Julia and Matt wanted some red in theirs. I enjoyed collecting the different prints to make the top, making sure to add a whole range of reds, from the bright orange-reds to a very blue-red, almost fuschia fabric. The still happy couple tell me they are looking forward to having it finished. I have put a zebra-print backing on it and am planning on using a black/red variegated thread for the quilting. I am planning on finishing it before Kathy and I go on our road trip to Tennessee next week. We’ll see…

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply