Well I’ve got the top put together and basted. I didn’t buy any new fabric but just used what was in my batiks drawer. I’ve included more lights than in the book. I hope it will work when I add the applique leaves on top. I am quilting it with a Superior threads King Tut cotton thread. I think it will pull the fabrics together and maybe darken some of the light ones a little.
Here is a closeup of the quilting. I am using the regular foot on my Pfaff. The bias strips aren’t always behaving themselves but I think the overall effect will be fine. I went to Kinkos to have the applique pattern enlarged. It cost $9 so I hope I like the finished quilt. I will finish the quilting tomorrow and start on the applique.