I finished something yesterday! It’s a good feeling when you round the last corner on a binding…
I sat at the machine for a total of five or six hours to get my Frond Lily with Baby panel stitched. (about 22″ x 20″)I added the narrow mauve border after I finished the quilting and then went with a narrow emerald green binding. I looked at lots of different color combinations before I made my choice! I think they work well with the colors in the panel?
I decided to go with all free motion stitching, darning foot on, feet dogs down. I played with the idea of using the walking foot for the background but decided against it. My straight lines are never very straight but I wanted them even curvier for this.
Here’s close up of the stitching in the center of the flower.And the back?I changed the bobbin every time I changed color on the top. It’s a bit more subtle than I expected but definitely worth turning over for a look.
The description of the panel on the Frond website says, “The large blooms all have a beautiful bud with them to symbolize the sacred love between mother and child, caregiver and cared for, nature and humanity we are called to love.” That’s deep for a Wednesday morning.
Maybe I’ll find a bit of wall space to pin it, at least for a little while.
It really does feel good to have something finished that wasn’t on my to do list. I’m nearly ready to get to the quilts on that list, but the blue car really does need an oil change before we head north. Today might be as good a day as any to sit in the garage waiting room. I’ll take some embroidery so my hands will be busy…